Unit 13: Reason with shapes
Expectations & Key Concepts Students will be assessed on:
- Identify, describe, sort, and draw 2-dimensional shapes based on their attributes (e.g., square corners, number of sides, number of angles, number of parallel sides).
- Partition shapes and sets into equal shares.
- Partition a rectangle into rows and columns of the same size unit to find the area.
- Use words and models to describe equal shares (e.g., half, half of).
- Recognize that equal shares of the same whole do not have to be the same shape.
- Compose and decompose shapes into smaller shapes.
- Recognize that the same fractional parts of different-size unit wholes are not equal.
- Find the area of a shape on a grid using counting, repeated addition, and reasoning strategies.
- Recognize that different shapes can have the same area.
which explain how fractions work. Have fun reading.
Tablet Friendly Fractions
Use Safari, Explorer, or FireFox
(Does not work on Chrome)
GAMES: Practice Fractions with these games
Math Fact Practice
Students will be having Timed Addition Tests. There will be 24 random Addition problems in
1 1/2 minutes.
Lost Triangle Flashcards can be found in the PRINTABLE tab above.
Amazing site for fostering a love of math. This site has mobile friendly games that helps students explore & use math. Have fun!!!