Unit 3: Exploring Numbers
Expectations & Key Concepts Students will be assessed on:
- Identify, describe, and use patterns on a 200 Chart and number line.
- Connect representations of quantities using number lines, 200 Charts, and number sentences.
- Represent addition and subtraction using multiple representations (e.g., stories, drawings, diagrams, counters, number sentences, number lines, 200 Chart). PARENT HELP VIDEO FOR ADDING ON 200 CHART: https://learnzillion.com/lessons/2375-add-by-using-a-hundreds-chart
- Recognize that the equal sign represents the relationship between two equal quantities.
- Solve subtraction problems using counting strategies.
- Use mental math strategies and reasoning strategies (e.g., using doubles, using ten, making ten, reasoning from known facts) to solve addition and subtraction problems within 20.
- Solve word problems (e.g., join, separate/take away, part-whole, compare) involving two whole numbers with a sum within 100 using counters, drawings, 200 Chart, and number lines.
- Draw a bar graph from a data table.
- Read a bar graph or table to find information about a data set.
- Demonstrate fluency with the addition facts with +2, +3, +4 facts
- Determine the unknown number in an addition or subtraction sentence relating three whole numbers for the facts in Group D.
INTERACTIVE 100 CHART ___
Practice adding number sentences to become a super adding machine! You can make up your own problems.
ADDING ON THE 200 CHART
1. Go to the TAB on the very TOP
2. Click on PRINTABLES
3. Download practice sheets.