Unit 3: Exploring Numbers
Expectations & Key Concepts Students will be assessed on:
- Identify, describe, and use patterns on a 200 Chart and number line.
- Connect representations of quantities using number lines, 200 Charts, and number sentences.
- Represent addition and subtraction using multiple representations (e.g., stories, drawings, diagrams, counters, number sentences, number lines, 200 Chart). PARENT HELP VIDEO FOR ADDING ON 200 CHART: https://learnzillion.com/lessons/2375-add-by-using-a-hundreds-chart
- Recognize that the equal sign represents the relationship between two equal quantities.
- Solve subtraction problems using counting strategies.
- Use mental math strategies and reasoning strategies (e.g., using doubles, using ten, making ten, reasoning from known facts) to solve addition and subtraction problems within 20.
- Solve word problems (e.g., join, separate/take away, part-whole, compare) involving two whole numbers with a sum within 100 using counters, drawings, 200 Chart, and number lines.
- Draw a bar graph from a data table.
- Read a bar graph or table to find information about a data set.
- Demonstrate fluency with the addition facts with +2, +3, +4 facts
- Determine the unknown number in an addition or subtraction sentence relating three whole numbers for the facts in Group D.